1. 500g fresh potato gnocchi
2. 100 grams butter
3. 1 small onion
4. 5 garlic cloves
5. 500 grams mushroom (I like a couple of variety. Bought a few kinds of mushroom from the market)
6. 1 cup chicken stock
7. 300ml thickened cream
8. 1 small bunch sage, leaves removed
9. 100g baby spinach leaves
1. Onion: Finely dice the onion. As fine as possible as it will go in the sauce.
2. Garlic: Finely diced. You can increase or decrease the number of garlic depending on your taste.
3. Mushroom: thickly sliced.
Ø Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook for 3 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
Ø Heat 50 grams of butter in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add sage and cook for 2-3 minutes, add gnocchi to pan and add salt and pepper, cook for another 5 minutes or until golden on both sides. Take it off the heat and keep it aside.
Ø Heat rest of the butter in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat.
Ø Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft.
Ø Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until softened.
Ø Add stock and bring to boil. Boil gently for 5 minutes.
Ø Stir in cream, reduce heat to medium and simmer gently 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced slightly. Season to taste.
Ø Return all gnocchi to pan. Add spinach and mushroom sauce, stir to coat gnocchi. Serve gnocchi topped with some Parmesan cheese.