1. 2 bags Green Gram (You can et it from any Indian grocer)
2. 1 large red Onion
3. 1 large Tomatoes (optional)
4. 2 Green chilies
5. 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves
6. 2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
7. 2 tablespoon canola oil
8. Salt to taste
9. Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
10. Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
11. Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
12. Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
1. Onion: Roughly diced
2. Tomato: pulp removed and finely diced
3. Green Chilies: finely chopped
4. Coriander leaves: finely chopped
Ø Empty the bags of peas in a pan, cover and simmer till all the water evaporates.
Ø Once done remove it off the flame and keep it aside.
Ø In a pan add the oil and heat it on a medium flame.
Ø Once the oil is hot add the cumin seed and wait until it start spluttering. Usually will take about 45 seconds if the oil is hot.
Ø Add the Green chickpeas and fry for 2 minutes, Stirring continuously
Ø Add onions, green chilies, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt fry for about 7-10 minutes.
Ø Sprinkle some coriander leaves before serving. Also if you are using tomatoes mix it in at this point.
Ø Serve with a wedge of lemon.