1. 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1 and ½ Tablespoons poppy seeds
3. 1 teaspoon baking soda
4. 1 teaspoon baking powder
5. ½ teaspoon salt
6. 125 grams unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
7. ½ cup granulated sugar
8. 2 large eggs, at room temperature
9. ½ cup Greek yogurt
10. 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
11. 1/4 cup milk (room Temperature
12. 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
13. zest of 1 lemon
14. 2 punnets fresh blackberries
1. ½ cup icing sugar, sifted
2. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. Glaze: Whisk the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice together. Drizzle over muffins.
Ø In a large bowl add the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together and mix it till its well combined.
Ø In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
Ø Add the granulated sugar and beat on high until creamed, about 1 full minute.
Ø Add the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes until the mixture is combined and creamy.
Ø Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix it with a spatula until just about combined.
Ø Add the milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest and continue to mix until combined.
Ø Fold in the blackberries.
Ø Spoon the batter evenly into each liner, filling each all the way to the top.
Ø Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 220°C then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 177°C.
Ø Bake for an additional 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. The total time these muffins take in the oven is about 20 -22 minutes.
Ø Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack and drizzle with glaze.