1. 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2. 150g dried vermicelli noodles
3. 1 teaspoon cornflour
4. 1kg pippies/clams
5. 1 litre of water
6. 2 tablespoons XO sauce
7. 100ml chicken stock
8. 1 teaspoon sugar
9. 1/2 teaspoon of salt
10. 1/2 teaspoon of mild curry powder
11. 1 teaspoon soy sauce
12. 1 bunch of spring onions, green and white parts, sliced
13. Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Vermicelli Noodles: soak in warm water for 15 minutes, then drain. Mix it with the curry powder and keep it aside
2. Cornflour: Mix with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth
3. Spring Onions: slice finely
Ø Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan. Lay the vermicelli evenly over the pan and fry until lightly browned. Flip and do the same for the other side. Remove to a large serving plate and keep warm.
Ø Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 litre of water and the pippies, cover and bring to the boil.
Ø Remove the pippies as they open and set aside.
Ø Throw away the water and wipe the wok clean.
Ø Heat the remaining oil in a wok over high heat add half of the sliced spring onion and fry for about a minute, add the XO sauce and stir through quickly.
Ø Add the stock, sugar, salt and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
Ø Add the pippies and cook for 1-2 minutes until the shells are fully open. Add the cornflour mixture and the remaining spring onions and toss to combine.
Ø Serve the pippies on top of the pan-fried vermicelli and garnish with some coriander.